Saturday, March 07, 2009

Carnaval, Rio De Janeiro


























BbQ in Ihla Grande


Sugarloaf (the best point to see amazing Rio views)

Rio: Cristo (wt Alan, Locky, and Franzi

Ihla Grande: Beach and Caipirhinas = Heaven
Ihla Grande: Wish I could remmber more. Thank Cristo for photos. Caipirhinas are the ultimate mind erasers

I have a new computer and for some unknow reason it's not uploading my Carnaval photos. Go figure! Not that I have that many anyways. It was too dangerous to even carry your camera around. My time in Rio was so much fun, but if anything could go wrong, well, it did! It all started with my hostel that advertised it was air conditioned, well, it was Not! There were six beds, two 3 stacked high bunk beds in a room smaller than my closet at home. It was so hot and these two girls kept turning off the fan. They said it was too loud/too cold. Pleaaase, they were from the Czech Republic!... Also, Itzik kept crawling into bed with me and let just said, the bed was only big enough for a 5 year old. Worst hostel room ever!

Not all was bad, the location a few blocks from Copacabana beach was awesome and so were all the party people I met. Experiencing the parades in the Sambodromo, well, that's what Rio's Carnavale is all about. But it will be the good vibes, friendly locals, and tasty food (street churrascos!) that will always have me thinking of Rio.

Good thing I'm coming back soon!



Well, enjoy the videos below, funny thing is, I have tried before to upload videos without any success.


Sambodromo (my Favorite float)



Carnaval street party in Ipanema


Carnaval Sambodromo

Carnaval Sambodromo