Saturday, March 07, 2009

Antarctica

The Good w/t Amy & Tom

I must say we were spoiled rotten on the M/V Fram. I was so sad when the cruise came to an end. It was absolutely the best cruise ever! Well, nothing is perfect as I will admit the food was not so good. It was like eating airplane food. LOL!!! Well, at least there was plenty of fresh fruit and smoked salmon, though, I must admit I can't think of another time I ate so much bread and butter. I think a heap of garlic and salt would of helped. Maybe the Chef was too busy practicing his Sex Bomb routine to take notice. Honestly, the food on the Adventure of the Seas was horrible, so maybe this is how it is on cruise ships these days. Good for weight management,though! So, not all is as bad. I'm a foodie, though!

Antarctica was beautiful. The penguins, the glaciers, Amy, Tom, the 'other' characters onboard, well, and that hot mess of a Chef. What can I said, the staff treated us like royalty. Service prevails! God blessed us with sunshine every day, though, sailing the Drake gave us all a good laugh. We made all our landings and it was hot! Yes, Antarctica was hot!

As you already know (if you read my other posts) I don't like undesireable weather (um, cold/wet). The days before leaving for South America I made a pit stop at REI, and stocked up. The works! I didn't even wear the jacket I bought! The blue parka provided by the ship was sufficient enough. So, Juan, I will be seeing you when I return to Houston. (Thanks for posting! Glad you enjoyed the photos.) -and, Thanks, Amy, for kindly taking my 'Antarctica bag' back to the States with yah. Wish you were carrying on with me. I already miss you!



The Bad: Sex Bomb Chef (middle)

The Ugly: Seal kills penguin (and 6 others). I'm sooo sad.